Training Programs & Tips
Smart Training Tips from Amanda Delainey, an experienced road runner, enthusiastic marathoner, and Joints-In-Motion Coach.
Success Tips from Matt Mazurik, an experienced Running Clinic Coach, 2010 Captain of the Huskies Cross Country Team, and member of the Brainsport Team.
Race Preparation Tips from Ian Colvine, an experience runner and member of the Brainsport team.
General Training Tips from Lisette Schermann, a long-time recreational distance runner and member of the Brainsport team.
Brainsport – Visit the Brainsport website for clinics to help you train for events at this year’s SaskMarathon.
Craven SPORT Services – Visit the Craven Sport Services website for more information on programs, clinics, and an online community to learn about ways to improve your training. Check in with Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the links below for some helpful tips:
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RUNNING:
- RUNNING CADENCE
- TRAINING VOLUME
- TRAINING ZONES
- RUNNING DRILLS
- RUNNING PACE AND TIME SUMMARY CHART and HOW TO USE THE RUNNING PACE AND TIME SUMMARY CHART
RUNNING INJURIES: WHAT ARE THEY AND WHAT DO I DO?
Travel to Saskatoon
Travel & Accommodations
Recommended accommodations for this year’s SaskMarathon:
Delta Bessborough Hotel
601 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3G8
2002 Airport Drive, Saskatoon, SK S7L 6M4
Prairieland Bed & Breakfast
111 Ash Street, Saskatoon, SK S7J 0J7
Once your flight has landed, you will have numerous ground transportation options including:
- Avis • Budget • Enterprise • National Tilden • Thrifty Car Rental • United Blue Line Taxi Service • Saskatoon Radio Cabs • Connoisseur Limousine Service • Deville Limousine Service • Various Hotel Shuttle Services
Stay an Extra Day…or Two!
Saskatoon is a great place to visit! We hope that you will enjoy your time in our beautiful city and maybe even have the chance to check out some of the exciting attractions in and around Saskatoon.
- Batoche National Historic Site
- The Berry Barn
- Beaver Creek Conservation Area
- Dakota Dunes Casino
- Diefenbaker Canada Centre
- Meewasin Valley Centre, Gift Shop, Trails
- Mendel Art Gallery and Civic Conservatory
- Persephone Theatre
- Riverfront at River Landing
- Saskatoon Farmers’ Market
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo
- Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra
- The Prairie Lily
- Ukrainian Museum of Canada
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park
- Western Development Museum
Saskatoon Tourism – Visit the Saskatoon Tourism website for more Saskatoon and Saskatchewan travel information.
Things To Do On Site
On site, we have plenty of spectator bleachers for you to cheer on your racer! There are also places around course that you can station at as well. We will also have a snack vendor available.