Open for international and national requests!
Saskatchewan Marathon Elite Application Information
The Saskatchewan Marathon warmly invites competitive and elite runners to apply for complimentary entry to the race. We work hard to organize the premiere running event in Saskatchewan and are developing an even more competitive component for local and international runners alike. In 2020 we will be opening a limited number of spots for both men and women in each of the four events: marathon, half-marathon, 10km and 5km.
How to apply:
We will consider applications in the order they are received as well as the following athletic standards:
|International Men||2:35||International Women||2:55|
|Canadian Men||2:40||Canadian Women||3:00|
|International Men||1:05||International Women||1:17|
|Canadian Men||1:10||Canadian Women||1:20|
|International Men||31:00||International Women||36:00|
|Canadian Men||33:00||Canadian Women||38:00|
|International Men||15:00||International Women||18:00|
|Canadian Men||15:30||Canadian Women||18:30|
Please direct applications and/or inquiries to the Elite Athlete Coordinator Josh Websdale at Jwebsdale@onpurpose.ca
For international runners, we may also be able to accommodate local billeting requests, provided sufficient notice is given.
- Please provide a summary or your race history, as well as photos, bio, and a summary of why you run. This will be used for the Saskatchewan Marathon website and social media promotions.
- Elite requests from outside Canada must supply the following:
- A copy of your passport
- A link to race results posted online
- Date and location of birth.
- Current country of residence
- Planned arrival and departure dates in Saskatoon
- Where you will be staying, or a request for a billet.
- Pre-Race interviews. These will be at a mutually convenient time leading up to and on the race day.
- Awards Ceremony – Race day we request the presence of the top three finishers at our awards ceremony after the race.
2020 Elite Athletes:
David Mutai – Marathon
David is the Sask Marathon Record Holder with a time of 2:22:07
Running to me is an inspiration from my late bro (Sammy Mutai) passed on in 2007 September who used to run 1500m and represented the country in world championships and commonwealth games.
I have been running since primary and secondary school and my first international race was in June 2010 in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. And I Have joined races in Thailand, Singapore, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Macau, Brunei, Indonesia, India, and Philippines since then.
Shadrack Kipkosgei – Marathon
Running to me is to educate my 8 year daughter (Faith Jepchumba Kosgei). Her mother passed away in 2017 with the baby due to unavoidable circumstances. For her to get a better future, I have ran marathons in India, Thailand, Colombia and recently Panama.