2020 Saskatchewan Marathon
It is with heavy hearts we advise that the 2020 Saskatchewan Marathon has been cancelled due to increased COVID-19 concerns. It is important for everyone to do all we can to protect our community and we believe that this is the responsible choice for us. The health and safety of our runners, our volunteers, fans, stakeholders, suppliers and the public at large is always our highest priority.
The Saskatchewan Marathon is operated by the Saskatoon Road Runners Association, a non-profit organization led by a volunteer board of directors and supported by more than 400 volunteers. We all share in your disappointment. Our goal is to deliver a fantastic first-class race experience to you each year. It is evident that this is no longer possible on May 31 and we are unable to postpone to a later date in 2020.
If you are registered for the Saskatchewan Marathon this year, we want to recognize your hard work and encourage you to continue being active and healthy during this difficult time. You’ve already paid to run or walk. The SRRA has made a decision to invest in our relationship with you by offering the options below to provide some value for that investment.
FOR MaraFunPARTICIPANTS ONLY:
- Go to the MaraFun registration page – click here
- Click on the blue “EDIT REGISTRATION” button on the right hand side of the screen
- Click on REGISTRATION QUESTIONS
- Navigate to this question: Regarding your MaraFun registration fees, there are two options – CHOOSE ONE:
- Convert your registration fee to a donation for Meewasin and receive a charitable receipt
- Receive 100 % refund of the registration fees + GST to your credit card.
- Click on the ‘SAVE AND EXIT” button at the bottom of the page.
FOR SASKATCHEWAN MARATHON PARTICIPANTS ONLY:
- VIRTUAL RACE – Complete your distance anytime between May 15 and June 15, 2020 and enter your time on the official results page. Once you’ve submitted your results, you can claim your t-shirt and medal at Brainsport, or if you don’t get to Saskatoon, we’ll mail them to you.
- DEFER YOUR ENTRY – to the SRRA River Run on Sunday September 20 any distance – Half Marathon, 10KM and 5KM. This event is also organized by the Saskatoon Road Runners Association. You will get SWAG and a medal. To keep up to date on details, Visit the River Run Facebook Page
- RECEIVE A REFUND – of 70% back to your credit card. Most of your registration fees have been spent on the 2020 race and can’t be recovered. Although we normally don’t provide refunds, the SRRA is committed to providing this funding to you in these extraordinary times.
- DONATE TO MEEWASIN – you can convert your 70% refund to a donation to help maintain the trails in the Meewasin Valley. You will receive a charitable tax receipt and a special gift!
PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHOICE BY APRIL 9, 2020
To submit your option please follow these steps:
- Sign into your Race Roster account HERE
- Click “Edit registration” in the right corner of the screen
- Choose from the options under the question “How would you like to convert your registration?”
- Click ‘save & exit’
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Race Director- Kim Ali – email@example.com
THANK YOU – we know the circumstances around COVID-19 are taking a toll on everyone, and we want you to know that we are here for you, and above all we wish you good health.
SRRA President – Shona Iverson
Saskatchewan Marathon Race Director – Kim Ali
For information on COVID – 19, please visit the Government of Canada’s Diseases and Conditions website
Hosted by Saskatoon Road Runners Association
The Saskatoon Road Runners Association is committed to providing opportunities for its members and for the running community to develop physically and mentally by providing access to training and competition for runners of all ages and abilities. We believe that this will improve personal health and well-being through fitness and social interaction.
Charity of Choice
Meewasin is our charity of choice. When you register, please consider making a donation to Meewasin to help maintain and expand the Meewasin Trail in Saskatoon.
Boston Marathon Qualifier
The Boston Marathon is the world’s oldest annual marathon and ranks as one of the world’s most prestigious road racing events. The Boston Athletic Association manages this American classic, which is sponsored by John Hancock Financial Services. The Boston Marathon has distinguished itself as the pinnacle event within the sport of road racing by virtue of its traditions, longevity, and method of entering the race (via qualification).
2019 Sask Marathon Photos Click here a
2019 Marathon Highlights